Monday, June 23, 2008

From The Archives of HarryMcD.com

-------- AUTHOR: Kimberly DATE: 8/24/2004 02:43:40 PM ----- BODY: As you can see from the photo, Harry turned 4 months old on Sunday!
He had 4 shots at the doctor's on Monday (DTaP, HIB, IPOL and HBV),
he weighed in at 18# 7oz (which I think was 93rd percentile) and is 24 1/2 inches tall (45%).
Obvioulsy his weight is a bit beyond his height, but the doctor is not worried. He is eating appropriately for his age. I stand by the fact that he is just a muscular, solid kid already. He holds his head well, and can hold himself in a standing position for a few minutes. Speaking of eating, he gets to start rice cereal today. I am sure we will have plenty of photos to post! Within the next month, he will get to start fruits and veggies. That should make for more exciting diaper changes!

And now it's Ainsley's turn to be 4 months old! She also got 4 shots today as well as an oral vaccine. To add insult to injury, she had just fallen asleep when they did it. Ow!
She weighed in the first time at 10 pounds and I said "No. She's NOT 10 pounds." We tried a new scale and she is 14.6.4. That's what I expected. I'm getting good at this guess your weight thing. I need to find an old school circus performer and win some dough! Moving on...that's 50-75th% for weight. Height is about 23"., which is 25%. She finally made it onto the charts!
Developmentally Ainsley is right on track. She's rolling. She talks, talks, talks. She smiles. She holds her head up. And she's drooling like a champ! All babies drool around 4 months and all babies put fists and everything else into their mouths, but some do it more to soothe sore gums, and that's Ainsley. Teeth may not be in soon but they are likely in the process of pushing up, which causes the pain.
We have the go ahead to start rice cereal, which we should start in the morning to see how it goes. That will be a fun addition to the AM routine! I thought I was so prepared, but I don't think I have any baby spoons.

No comments: