Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I'm okay, you're okay

I was talking with some "neatniks" today that I've worked with over the years. I was at their office today, and it's one of those minimalist places were you can just think clearly. Almost like a yoga studio, it's so sparse and organized. Anyway, I was asked what I do with the kids during the day, how I manage, ... I explained that the house is a mess but everything else flows nicely. I was impressed to learn that when they had kids they followed the same philosophy- that other things are more important. Even though their kids are grown, they haven't gone back to their old ways. I thought she was exaggerating, but she specifically noted dishes in the sink, shoes under the table, toys everywhere, clothes on the floor...This is one of the most comforting pieces of information I've heard (especially after dealing with a baby shower this weekend on "Wisteria Lane").

No comments: