Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Crazy As It Sounds...

  • I miss being in the hospital.
  • I told Aidan another baby "is not off the table."
  • I kind of sort of even miss being pregnant.
  • At least once each day I get overwhelmed over how big Harry is...and Ainsley!
  • I'm kind of okay not working out yet.

I guess you can blame the hormonal changes. I do! I've gotten a little bit more girly - sappy even! I'm just so in love with my family right now. I don't want anything to change. I am even ok waiting for the weather to change.

As I recall, just over a week ago, I was pretty miserable. But then again, maybe most of the pain and agony was just anxiety over whether Ainsley would be healthy. I don't know if that can cause heartburn, but certainly nausea and headaches!

I know I was even pretty miserable going to the hospital on 2/19. But again...anxiety. Especially after Dr. Anasthesiologist told me a spinal could leave me paralyzed. Thanks for the 20 minute notice doc! The fact that the scheduled C-section process takes a little longer than an emergency C-section didn't help the stress level. Even with oxygen, I was pretty much hyperventilating. And it's possible I said "hit me" 5 or 6 times in demand of nausea meds. My legs still ache from the shots.

It was a bit much for Kevin too, since he got a little light headed, but before that, even with the surgeons discussing internet servers and Miley Cyrus, Ainsley's birth was a beautiful shared moment between Kevin and me (I warned you, I'm sappy!). Plus, this time, I was alert and able enough to hold the little princess while still in the OR.

Once Ainsley was here, and healthy, I was ready to be up and moving. Later, there was some tension on the maternity ward because one of the nurses said I could walk at 9 hours after delivery and the clin tech was sticking to 12. I think they compromised at 10 1/2, and I felt great. It was a little bit hard getting up and down, but really not as bad as being pregnant.

My hospital stay was relatively pleseant, other than meal service being slow. I missed Harry, but he visited daily after school. It was nice to have some down time with Kevin, who stayed with me most of the time, but left to pick Harry up from school and get him tucked in each night. It was also nice to have nurses and doctors checking in regularly, bringing me meds, refilling my water jug...seriously, what's not to like?

So, now I'm home. I'm enjoying teh downtime and my little baby. And yes, Kevin, I am trying to wake her up now and then!

No comments: