Friday, February 27, 2009

Wow. Again.

I dropped Ainsley off at Menike's today with a hot pink princess tea set spoon in her hand. WHen I picked her up this afternoon, guess what was in her hand? A hot pink princess tea set spoon. Menike said she held onto it all day. She took it outside. She took it to naptime. Apparently she dropped it during her nap, but remembered it after and demanded Menike go back for it. Wow.

I sat Ainsley on the kitchen counter when we got home, and she helped herself to some clementine's. I helped her peel them, and showed her how to eat it. She ate 3 of them. She's 1 now. She's allowed. Tomorrow we are going to try peanut butter.

On the subject of food, we received our supply of Abra fundraiser items. After checking the ingredients on the Cheesy Mac, I am more excited about the Mom Made Foods than the kiwi pies! Ainsley eats a pretty wide variety of foods, but I want to do my best to load her and her brother up on healthy items. We've also started eating from Diet-to-go. It's pretty cheap, the food tastes great, and we don't have to prepare ANYTHING. Kevin and I get lunch and dinner, and I get dinners for the kids to share. We're by no means counting their calories, but it is important to us that they eat what we eat, and the food is healthy....lots of fish and vegetables and whole grains.

Ainsley is also cruising around these days. She likes to stand,she likes mommy to carry her, and she likes to swing at the playground. She likes her big pink stuffed dog, and if you say "Awwww, doggie!" she puts her head down and cuddles! She is also trying to say "Moi" when you kiss her :-)

Ainsley weighs in at 20.6.6 pounds, which is 35th%.
Her height is 27 1/2 ", which is 10th% and has her following in my footsteps.
Her head, however, is 18" which is 70%. I referenced her brothers head and Dr. Hopper said we could expect very smart kids!

How did Harry fare after his first trip around the sun? Here's an exerpt from Harry's World, circa 2005:
Harry had his 1 year check up on the 25th. He weighed in at 24# 10 oz. I think
he is 29 1/2 inches. Does that sound right? I lost the paper from the doctor's.
I copied it to send to daycare, but then I don't know what happened to the
original. I probably mailed it to a site. I remember, though, that his head is
in the 90 percentile. Surprising that is all, since his bike helmut is well
beyond toddler-sized.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the big head is a result of powerful McDermott genetics. Uncle Ian is concerned.