Saturday, May 22, 2010

"I want to go outside with my magnifying glass and look for bugs."

Word for word.
Is this not a usual sentence for a 27 month old to articulate? It is at our house.
I thought the waiter was going to pass out last night when I asked her if she wanted apple juice or pineapple. "Mmmm...pineapple," she said clearly, after contemplating for a moment. Dutiful waiter looked like he was humoring us as we let our baby pretend to place her own order. Nope. Not Ainsley. Not sure if I mentioned when we went to dinner back in March, she walked in and immediately told the hostess "I need a high chair."
She also wants to play with other kids, not just next to them. She tells them clearly what she wants. "Will you spin with me?" or "Would you like to run in the grass with me, Samuel?"
She's really very funny! She is a pleasure to hang out with and to talk to. She listens to everything and follows directions well. She is just a little mini person. It's almost sad that she's never really been a little baby! She has always seemed all knowing.

May 20, 2010
K:"It seems kind of late for the tiger lilies not to have bloomed yet."
A: "Yeah. I think so too."

No comments: